-->

Davo Letter #1

Letter from Davo
Post Delta November 10, "backwater" to his mother

Dear Ma,

This post is the pits. I miss Bravo Papa 4.

I'm in a swamp, but not like the old kind of swamp. The smell is a hundred times worse and the wildlife is . . . something else. We get some crazy, crazy stuff.

There's these things we call bullsquids, with tentacles that will rip the flesh right off you. They're poisonous, too. I saw one from afar and took it out fast with the Remington. We all heard how they lost a three-man patrol to one about six months ago. They managed to find one of the bodies. He was bent backward, doc said because of the toxin. Nasty things.

And me and Lara have seen a pack of houndeyes on some of our patrols. For the most part the houndeyes are easy to avoid, sometimes even docile, but I've seen them swarm around a boar and rupture it with their odd shockwaves. They make a noise like I guess a battery charging up and then there's a crackle. You can see the water ripple. I'm thinking of trying to track them and get ahold of a baby. Maybe I could raise it like a dog.

I really wish we had a Gaunt here. I'd put up with their acid-trip rambling if it meant faster communication with Command. At least I could let you know I'm all right, instead of having to wait two months between letters. Leave it to human beings to keep a postal service running while fighting off alien invaders.

I'll get you another letter as soon as I can.

Love,
your son Davo

Posted at 20:14

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com